Nothing beats Christmas cookies and I know you’ll love to enjoy with a Ho Ho Ho HOT cup of homemade Apple Cider.
We’re using festive cookies cutter or engraved rolling pin to dress your cookies up for the holidays. Also, a recipe to show how the homemade apple cider make your house smells as it simmers, the delicious ways to serve it all season long.
Apple Cider Recipe :
You only need 5 ingredients to make slow cooker apple cider. Because there are so few ingredients, the flavors truly shine and you can actually taste the homemade goodness.
- Apples: Use a variety of apples for best tasting cider.
- Orange: One orange balances out the apple flavor and pairs wonderfully with the spices.
- Cinnamon Sticks + Cloves: These spices go hand-in-hand with anything apple.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness.
How to Make Homemade Apple Cider
This is a set it and forget it slow cooker recipe.
- Place everything in the slow cooker.
- Add water. Use enough to cover the fruit.
- Cook. 6-7 hours on low heat, 3 hours on high heat.
- Mash the fruits. Take a giant spoon and begin mashing up all those warm apples and oranges. (At this point, they’ll be super soft.)
- Simmer. Allow this liquid mash to simmer for another hour.
Tools that help:
No slow cooker? Use a large stock pot instead. Place all ingredients into your pot and bring everything to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2 hours. Continue with mashing the fruit, cooking for an additional hour, and straining as instructed.