Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas
The days may be getting longer, but they still don't feel long enough. Cold dark mornings make it seem like its impossible to get out of bed, but these breakfast ideas will change that! With a focus on simplicity, these recipes make sure you are appropriately fuelled to conquer the day ahead, without taking forever to prep. You can sleep in and eat well!
Incredibly easy to make, and packed full with good fats and high in nutrients; avocado toast is the perfect start to any day! Avocado toast is so easy that there is no need to follow a precise recipe, consider the following as more of a guideline and feel free to get creative and add your favourite ingredients like radishes or cucumber.
- 1 halved, peeled and pitted avocado
- salt and ground pepper
- sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg (optional)
- In a small bowl mash the avocado with a fork. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Toast the bread and rub with garlic. Lightly brush the toast with olive oil and dived the avocado on each piece of toast
- Add a fried egg on top for extra protein.
2.Yogurt and berries:
Another simple breakfast, which is easily customized. If you have the ingredients, it will take you under a minute to make and will start your day on the right foot!
- 1 Cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup halved strawberries
- Almond Slivers
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy; it's that easy.
2.Blueberry Banana Smoothie:
Smoothies are a great way to start the day, with that added benefit that they can easily be taken to go; no longer is being late an excuse to skip breakfast!
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 small Banana
- 1Cup Orange Juice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Starting with the orange juice, followed by the yogurt, and putting the fruit in last, helps to ensure your blender can combine everything properly. This is particularly important when using frozen fruit.