The Perfect Recipes to Finish off your Summer
Cocktails and summer go hand-in-hand so how could we not share these beautiful and revitalizing sangria recipes!
1. Easy Traditional Red Sangria
Serves 4 - 5 cups | 5 minutes of prep time
- 1/2 apple, cored, with skin, chopped in tiny pieces
- 1/2 orange, rind on, chopped in tiny pieces
- 3-4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 bottle of a fruity, but dry red wine
- 1/3 cup of brandy (this can be adjusted on personal preference)
- 1 cup of ice
- Add chopped fruit and sugar to a carafe or a large pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon for a minute.
- Add the brandy and OJ and stir into mixture
- Pour in the bottle of red wine. Give it a taste and add in more fruit or sugar if needed.
- Garnish cups with an orange slice, serve with ice, and drink up!
2. Mango Strawberry Sangria
- 4 medium mangoes
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of triple sec
- 1 bottle of dry rosé wine
- Club soda (optional)
- Garnish with fresh mint
- Rinse fruit then dry. Cut mangoes into 1cm cubes, remove the tops of the strawberries and cut into quarters. Cut lemons into thin disks and take out all visible seeds.
- Put cut fruit into a large pitcher or a carafe. Pour in the rosé and triple sec and stir the mixture.
- Place in fridge an hour before serving to let chill
- Garnish cups with fresh mint, top with club soda, and serve with ice.
3. Green Tea Strawberry Sangria
Serves 4 | 10 Minutes for Prep Time
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder (or 1 green tea bag)
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of orange liqueur
- 1 bottle of dry, crisp white wine
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- Add the teaspoon of green tea powder or green tea bag in hot water and let it sit for one minute. Add in sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture into another pitcher or carafe to make it appear clean and polished. Let cool.
- Chill for about 2 hours in the fridge before serving. Garnish cups with a strawberry slice and serve with ice.
Summer might be coming to an end, but that doesn't mean you have to hang up your drinking sleeves just yet! Check back every Monday for a new cocktail recipe.